View Single Post
daplunk

Old March 5th, 2017, 12:51 PM
My players all have it and no. I never sync in-game. Think of the player version as a journal for the players that populates at the end of each session. It's not there to deal with now. That's the DM's job while at the table. It's a post lookup tool that enables the players to go back a year from now and lookup that NPC they met or to checkout what they know about an item.

We all agree that live sync would be cool. But frankly, until the Web View arrives there's no need for it at my table. We can't put 9 laptops around the table. Takes away too much from the game.

Now what we do use RW for is the Player View. As you can see below I have mounted a second screen to my roof looking out to my players. Using Realm Works I can very efficiently show pictures and content to the players from here. It's awesome for monsters, npcs, places, handouts, etc.

Personally I still consider Realm Works to be 'MY' private DM binder. It's not there to benefit my players. We have started to change that now we have player versions but its purpose and primary use is still to benefit me. My player's are the afterthought for me since I consider it my role to relay the necessary information to them.

Realm Works - Community Links
Realm Work and Hero Lab Videos
Ream Works Facebook User Group
CC3+ Facebook User Group

D&D 5e Community Pack - Contributor
General Hero Lab Support & Community Resources
D&D 5e Community Pack - Install Instructions / D&D 5e Community Pack - Log Fault / D&D 5e Community Pack - Editor Knowledge Base

Obsidian
Obsidian TTRPG Tutorials
daplunk is offline   #7 Reply With Quote