View Single Post
Madmaxneo

Old April 22nd, 2019, 05:08 PM
This CSV tool looks like it may do the job I need it to do. But I'm not sure it will work.

I'd like to transfer pertinent character and NPC data into Realm Works from a character sheet (.xls spreadsheet).

Please note that I am using the HARP system and it is not in HeroLab.

I'd prefer if it was possible to just name certain cells withing the spreadsheet and the CSV tool simply import those specific cell values into specific snippets within RW.

My questions:
1. Does the CSV tool require one to have columns of data with headers or is it possible to pull only specific cell data from a single cell in a ".xls" spreadsheet (or from multiple singular cells)?
2. Do I still need to "save as" the ".xls" spreadsheet into a CSV file so this tool can read the info or does the CSV tool read .xls data also?
3. Is it possible to overwrite data when a character or NPC increases in level? Meaning can I just import the same character over and over again or would I need to delete the RW snippets/character entry every time someone goes up a level?

GM of HARP, Rolemaster, Spacemaster, Dreamchaser, Savage Worlds, and a myriad of other not so well known systems.
Software I use for gaming: Realm Works, Inspiration Pad Pro, Ebon, Aeon Timeline, Scrivener, Syrinscape, Hexagon, Fantasia Archive, OneNote, and a spreadsheet program.
Mapping programs: CC3+, MapForge, Worldographer, Xara Photo and Graphic Designer 10.
Programming experience: Java and Javascript (Maptools and PDF programming).
Madmaxneo is offline   #518 Reply With Quote