View Single Post
DickNervous

Old November 17th, 2017, 06:56 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Farling View Post
Drop the column name onto the portrait/picture icon in the topic view, don't drop it into a normal text box. The tool will then fetch the image from the URL during the conversion process. (see attached picture)
That is part of what I was doing wrong, but didn't solve the issue.

When I do the generate it tells me that the file was not found at the URL (because there is no actual file to find) and the URL is in the annotation. However, when I put the URL directly into RW by clicking the Folder Icon and entering it into the file box, it works.

For example, if I put this url, http://travellermap.com/api/jumpmap?...e=print&jump=1, as the file name I get the attached image.

I think the issue is that you are checking for a file, and when it doesn't exist, it puts the path (in this case the URL) in the annotation and nothing is put in the field for the actual file name. I assume that if the file doesn't exist the import into RW will fail, so it makes sense to do that check. However, in this particular case there is no file to find. Is there any way you can make that checking for the file something you can turn on or off? Like an INI file setting or something?

Thanks again for all your work on this awesome tool! Even if this one thing never works, it will save me HUGE amounts of time and effort getting data into RW.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg RW Map Example.JPG (32.5 KB, 5 views)
DickNervous is offline   #153 Reply With Quote