View Single Post
dungeonguru

Old August 24th, 2018, 04:53 PM
If you're OK with making a personal copy of the Pugilist, I can help explain what needs to be done. None of the class specials in the community files for this subclass have any scripting attached to them.

I don't think the community is going to maintain support of en5ider and some of the other 3rd party and homebrew going forward, or at least the priority for it is going to remain really low with emphasis on WotC core products before any other stuff.

If you're willing to create your own copy, here's how I would approach it.

1. Go into the editor and set my ID (Do this by going to the Tools menu and set your ID). Do not use 5C.

2. Go into the Class tab and choose the Custom Ability subtab. Hit New (Copy) and find the Pugilist. I would change the name to something like "Pugilist (updated ver.)" and give it a new unique ID like cFtrXXXPug (where XXX is my ID from #1). You can give it an ID up to 17 characters right now without causing issues but you can also keep it short. Save and Test Now!

I would then hit the bootstrap button and make a note of all the items bootstrapped and what the tags and fields are.

3. I would them move over to the Class Specials subtab and start doing New (Copy) of each of the items that were bootstrapped in step 2, giving them a New ID. After each Save and Test Now!

4. Go back to the copy of Pugilist from step 2 and replace the bootstraps with the ones you created in step 3. Save and Test Now!

Now, the tougher part. If you're not comfortable with learning scripting, then stop reading now, you're going to get glazed eyes like I'm the boring math professor.

Part 1: Fixing the AC calculation. Go to your copy of Heavyweight. Scroll down to the bottom and find the AC calculation section at the very end. Mark the checkbox and then for Base AC type in 10. Next to the modifiers hit the edit button and put checkmarks on Dexterity Modifier and Constitution Modifer. Hit Save and Test Now! and the AC calculation is fixed since this ability is already bootstrapped to the subclass after step 4 anyway.

Part 2: Fixing the Unarmed attack. This is where you'll have to learn some scripting. I would stay on the Class Specials tab and do a New (Copy) and find Martial Arts. What you'll want to do here is look at the two eval scripts attached to it. Note the timing, phase and priorities, either write them down or type them into your favorite text editor. Then copy those eval scripts to that same editor. Once you have these scripts copied out and you've double-checked their timing and priorities you can delete your copy of Martial Arts and move back to Heavyweight. Add the two scripts in.

If you just stopped here, the Heavyweight class would mimic the Martial Arts ability of the monk, which isn't a bad spot to be considering.

The first problem is you need to narrow this down to Unarmed Attacks only. In script #2 there is a line:

searchexpr = "IsWeapon.wUnarmed | IsWeapon.wShortswor | Special.MartArts | (wCategory.Melee & wProfReq.Simple & !wProperty.TwoHanded & !wProperty.Heavy)

This is what allows the monk to change the damage on martial arts weapons. You'll need to change this to be:

searchexpr = "IsWeapon.wUnarmed"

Script #1 controls when the damage dice change. This is a bit tricky, you'll have to modify it to reflect the "Fist-Fighting Table" rather than the monk progression. I would not worry about the Grappler or Tavern Brawler issues just yet. If you understand scripting, the if..then logic is pretty simple to replicate, if not, feel free to check out.

The twist that you've mentioned with Grappler and Taven Brawler would require you to set some variables to track.

You would have to set a variable like:

var act_level as number

and set it to the field[xAllLev].value

act_level = field[xAllLev].value

You'll have to use the #hasability[] macro to test for the two feats and if that feat exists add 1 to the act_level.

like:
if (#hasability[ID_for_Grappler] <> 0) then
act_level += 1
endif

Then replace field[xAllLev].value with act_level in all the if statements to reflect that you're looking at the acting level as opposed the the actual level.
dungeonguru is offline   #2 Reply With Quote