View Single Post
rob
Lone Wolf Staff

Old January 9th, 2007, 03:11 PM
All user-created material, by definition, lives within data files. All of the core material for each game system lives within package files. Consequently, all of your custom material will ALWAYS be separate from the SRD material.

You *MUST* create your data files within the game system directory. That way, they will be automatically integrated into the complete set of compiled files whenever you load the game system. If you put your data files elsewhere, you'll be able to splice your material in, but it won't be automatically integrated when you next load the game system.

All of the SRD material in the "source" directory is there for reference only. If you delete the "source" directory, Hero Lab will work perfectly, because that material is never used by HL. That directory is below the actual game system directory where you need to place your files. If you put the file "usr_feats.dat" in the game system folder instead, it should be automatically integrated exactly as you intend.

Hope this helps,
Rob

At 09:09 PM 1/7/2007, you wrote:

Quote:
What is the best way to save the work I am doing in the program? Is there a way to keep it seperate from the SRD material? I tried using a usr_feats.dat file name in the same folder but it only works when I splice in each thing.
rob is offline   #6 Reply With Quote