View Single Post
Duggan
Volunteer Data File Contributor

Old August 20th, 2019, 08:06 AM
Ah. To clarify for my own case, I am using a similar construct in two places. One is advanced vehicles, where users can buy and sell ship upgrades in much the same way as the weapons in the article above. Existing ships have these upgrades as well. When the user is buying a ship, I would like to be able to list all of the ship upgrades. The second is a set of weapon qualities that, again, sometimes come inherent and sometimes may be added or removed on an existing instance. I started out using tags, but since the items have inherent cost, descriptions, rules, etc, it seemed to make more sense to dip into Gizmos.

At the risk of an over-simplified example, let's say that we have some weapon qualities built such as Accurate, Double-Tap, and Failure-Prone. The Shafter pistol comes with the Accurate and Double-Tap qualities present. I can bootstrap those qualities onto the entity, and I've got the description working to build a list of special properties ("Accurate, Double-Tap") for the weapon, but the description when buying one does not have those items (since it's a Thing being presented, not a Pick).

Does that make things any clearer?
Duggan is offline   #3 Reply With Quote