View Single Post
MNBlockHead

Old October 29th, 2015, 08:06 AM
For me, the ideal would be for topics to be clearly linked. They can be formatted as the current default. For mechanics, I would like the link formatting to be much more subtle. The main issue that I'm having with links is that many mechanics articles have names that appear quite commonly in text and the links get distracting. Not just articles like "day" and "hour" but also "STR" and even monster names like ghost. For now I don't take advantage of auto-linking because I it makes my text look bad with all the distracting links.

Instead I manually go through when I save and make a decision for each and every link. This is a chore.

With the new names options, I have use things like capitalization to make it easier but that is still a lot of work to set up and I have to think about whether a word I'm typing should be linked or not. I'm just taking the at-save chore and spreading it out while I type, distracting from the creative flow of writing.

Ideally, all my mechanics links could be in a shade of gray. Heck, I could even see having them formatted just like the surrounding text. Mechanics links are just a rule or dictionary lookup. Topic links, on the other hand, link items that are integral to the story, and understanding the encounter or scene. So I want the topic links to stand out.

RW Project: Dungeons & Dragons 5th edition homebrew world
Other Tools: CampaignCartographer, Cityographer, Dungeonographer, Evernote
MNBlockHead is offline   #15 Reply With Quote