View Single Post

Old May 14th, 2006, 06:44 PM
I don't know if anyone else has had this problem yet. With the new Tau Empire data file there is an error with regards to adding drones to crisis suit teams. If you add more than two drones to a crisis suit time, in which you have two or more drone controllers, of which one is on the first crisis suit (or commander, if so equipped along with bodygards). The first two will add just fine, but when you add a third or subsequent drone to the team, a validation error stating that "you are only allowed to take two drones per drone controller". The error happens with any combination of drones, add in any manner. The problem does not extend to Stealth Suit teams, and also does not extend to Crisis Suit teams which are created as two or three identical suits (IE: pressing the + button and equipping all at once, as opposed to using the "Add Battlesuit" button). The problem also does not occur when, in a unit of three crisis suits only the 2nd and 3rd suits are equippped with drone controllers.

I do not know an immense amount about how AB's data-files work, but the problem seems obvious to me. It appears that once the first crisis suit is given a drone controller, the validation argument for that controller is looking through the entire unit to determine whether there are too many drones to be valid or not. Somehow, the validator is treating everything after the first battlesuit to be a part of the same entity with regards to the drone controller attached to the first battlesuit.

Does that sound about right? Is anyone else even having this same problem?
  #7 Reply With Quote