View Single Post
ShadowChemosh
Volunteer Data File Contributor

Old December 28th, 2011, 10:31 AM
I have added a new .user file to the DropBox called PFRPG_Bestiary_Tags.user. This file once added to your HeroLab\data\pathfinder folder will add a new "Product Identity For..." tag called "Hero Lab Community". I would like to ask that others use this so that the new stuff you are creating gets marked to the Community. This will allow us to easily identify Things as the data set grows.

Also after going through the RotRL data set I wanted to bring up a few Standards that will also help.

1) When you make a new "Racial Special" you should ProductID it to the Community but DO NOT Source mark it. This way others can use something you created for another monster.

2) We really should not be re-creating NEW Universal Rules like Grab and Constrict. We should decide either a) people will need at least B1 official data set or we could b) make up our own Universal Rules in a single location first so that we can use those. I am open for opinions here but just want to stress that making up Grab 500 times for each monster is sort of a waste of time where someone could instead being doing something more important. So thoughts here?

3) Races should still be Source marked to the correct book which hopefully we use from the .1st files.

Thanks and happy holidays!

I updated the PFRPG_Sources 2011.12.28.zip on d20pfsrd with the new Product ID tags.

Hero Lab Resources:
Pathfinder - d20pfsrd and Pathfinder Pack Setup
3.5 D&D (d20) - Community Server Setup
5E D&D - Community Server Setup
Hero Lab Help - Hero Lab FAQ, Editor Tutorials and Videos, Editor & Scripting Resources.
Created by the community for the community
- Realm Works kickstarter backer (Alpha Wolf) and Beta tester.
- d20 HL package volunteer editor.
ShadowChemosh is offline   #12 Reply With Quote