View Single Post
Vilhjalmr

Old May 19th, 2014, 07:20 AM
The problem is the retrospective adding up of prices. It always looks intimidating. ALWAYS.

But, of you get something, then slowly buy and add to it as the pieces come out, it seems much more sane... Then at the end when you have all the pieces, you look back and gawk. "I spent HOW MUCH MONEY???"

I put off buying Hero Lab for the longest time because I was looking at it in this all-or-nothing way.

Finally I decided to give it a spin, and I haven't regretted it at all. I ONLY picked up the data packs I needed, and never once thought it was too much to pay for the convenience I got from it.

If the price tag is still intimidating, maybe open up to your gaming group on the idea of divvying up the price and making it a resource for the group to use? I know since buying it, I've had a player or two chip in for data packets that they wanted to incorporate.

All I'm saying is that in general, you're looking at an extra $10 or so on top of the book you buy, and in return you're pretty much getting a streamlined way to use that book without having to paw through the crunch time and time again. You pay for convenience, and you get it in spades.
Vilhjalmr is offline   #54 Reply With Quote