View Single Post
SeeleyOne

Old August 19th, 2014, 05:49 PM
I would suggest having that one power be an edge. Either that or specified by the edge that it comes with. There is no need for the power menu if you will only ever have one power. Also opening that menu will disable it for default Arcane Backgrounds. By using my generic trick, and making all of the ABs access the same Power thing (in Arcane Background tab of Editor) this is not a problem as all of them use the same menu, kind of like skills. Personally I do not care all that much if the powers cross over between the ABs. For example, a wizard that is also a cleric can have divine inspiration with casting wizard spells and at the same time he can cast cleric spell versions of his wizard spells -- the deity can tap into his natural talents and augment them. But I have it set that effectively all powers are paid for, and new powers are an edge each anyway so it is not a big deal. Especially if you consider that the Arcane skills are different and you have to spend more resources to increase them. The benefit to having multiple arcane backgrounds is more power point versatility.

Evil wins because good rolls poorly .... or the players are not paying enough attention to the game.
SeeleyOne is offline   #19 Reply With Quote