View Single Post
rob
Lone Wolf Staff

Old April 2nd, 2010, 02:04 PM
First of all, trying to crowbar Chi Mastery into super powers is ill-advised. There are some fundamental differences, as you've noted, which make this approach problematic. You'll be much better off creating a new mechanism that parallels super powers in concept and replaces the super powers mechanics with appropriate ones for chi mastery.

I saw a separate post from you that looks like you may have done this, but I haven't looked closely at that post yet.

Everything in Hero Lab needs a *unique* id. Hence the name. It's not possible to have two different things with the identical id, even if one is disabled in some situations. Unless you physically delete the original thing from the data files, you can't use the same id for something else. And physically deleting things is generally a poor approach, since it makes maintaining separate sets of data files more complicated when updates are released to the core files.

Fortunately, there are ways to solve this that are easy to implement. I'll outline each in a subsequent post.
rob is offline   #2 Reply With Quote