View Single Post
Madmaxneo

Old August 26th, 2014, 02:41 PM
I get that it's difficult. Which is why I'd at least like to be pointed in the right direction. There are plenty of other game systems included with the authoring kit. I would use those as examples but I'm not quite sure where to find what I am looking for in the variety of files. I expected there to be some kind of actual tutorial in the wiki for adding a new game system. But the wiki is more for altering already included systems, which doesn't really help. So right now I am starting to wonder if I wasted my money. I guess the only thing I can do at this point is experiment and hope something clicks into place. One problem I know I face (from previous limited coding experience) is that if I change the stats in one area what other areas do I also need to change for it to work properly. I also know I will not be able to code the entire game in one sitting so debugging will not be an option at first because I will probably get a lot of errors.

I am currently working on a PDF form HARP character sheet with most of the calculations in the sheet. But that is not capable of what Hero Lab is supposedly capable of.

Either way I was hoping one of the developers would chime in and give me a little help. But it seems they are absent from these forums as of late.

Bruce
Madmaxneo is offline   #4 Reply With Quote