View Single Post
mirtos

Old March 5th, 2015, 08:00 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by storeyl View Post
And there is me having just recently having invested in a good printer, A3 and other goodies for use at home. I didn't have to go searching hard for one. Clearly in 2015 they are still plenty enough that they are easy to find in shops.

Whilst I have no doubt the way of things is all e-xxx eventually, for something like RPG I suspect it is still a niche, and that you are probably still n the minority for the time being. Certainly in my experience RPG players seem to be the older demographic mainly, who grew up with pen and paper RPG in the 70-80s and are only slowly taking up tablets and phones as the be all and end all for gaming. Maybe I just don't see the younger RPG players (being a different social group and all that) so miss out on those who were practically born with phones attached to them and how they play.
Yes, I agree. Im a computer person, have been doing websites since the early 90s (I remember when Mosaic first came out). I game with people whos entire jobs are computers/graphic designers/etc.

We all still prefer plain with actual miniatures, making our own sets (I have a big collection of master-maze), and i run the game on a laptop, but im the only person that prefers it that way. They like their character sheets printed out, coffee stains and all. they all have tablets, and smartphones, and the like, but I've broached this question, and they'd prefer to not use them during the game.

I dont know which is a minority/majority. I think on this board you may find that we are more technical people and it might be more of an electronic majority, but that might not be gamers as a whole.

I have digital copies of all the books, but we still prefer to use the actual books.

I was a kickstarter backer, and one of the primary reasons was so I could track what players know, but a secondary reason was to make producing handouts (as in paper handouts) easier. I still do some of the old school things to make handouts look aged, etc...

In fact I wanted more of an export so I could generate my own handouts with other things. (but as I have the ability to print to PDF and then modify PDF a print alone would be enough)

And Shadow, I think many of us gamers are "different"
mirtos is offline   #159 Reply With Quote