View Single Post
kbs666

Old August 31st, 2018, 06:50 PM
RE: medical privacy and vacations after long illnesses

I was on dialysis for 8 years and have now been post op from the kidney transplant for 2 months. I was often unable to properly manage my projects throughout that period due to the time dialysis takes, the fatigue and general malaise caused by being in kidney failure and the repeated hospitalizations. I did my best to not tell clients of these health issues, as I continue to not tell clients of my post operative status. Has that been a mistake? I don't think so. I also don't think it is a mistake for you to keep your health issues private from your customers. I thought long and hard before posting about them here and the only reason I did was to ask for people to sign up to be organ donors after I had gotten my organ.

I haven't had a vacation, besides trips to GenCon, since I got sick. As soon as I'm cleared to travel I'm headed somewhere with a beach. No phone. No email. No way for work to bug me for a solid week. If you need a break take it. Don't risk your recovery over worrying about this stuff. We've been grumpy, and we'll likely still be grumpy when you get back, but we're honestly not mad at any of you guys personally. We're just tired of the long wait as I'm sure you are. None of us want you to damage your health over this.

my Realm Works videos
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCZU...4DwXXkvmBXQ9Yw
kbs666 is offline   #18 Reply With Quote