View Single Post
Mettius

Old April 19th, 2017, 06:47 PM
I would very much like to see a workflow where players get access to revealed information in real time (or nearly so) in the Player Edition.

"OK folks, please have a look at NPC Bob for some new information and a copy of the map he just gave you." That sort of thing was my vision.

At my game table (physical table) we aren't using Virtual Table Top (VTT) software. And in the one remote game I play/GM in we use Roll20, but I don't want to have to export a map from RW to import it into Roll20, or email it to everyone if I want them to be able to see it when it is already in RW.

Admittedly when I got into RW several years ago, I always just assumed this is how it would work. (Reveal something and the players can see it.) Not exit realm, sync, reload, ask everyone else to do the same.

When I first started with RW (early Beta), I had never seen, nor used VTT. So when it was indicated that RW was not to be VTT I didn't care.

I still don't care that RW isn't going to be or try to replace VTT software.
I don't care if it can do what Roll20 does arguably well (track initiative, move characters around on a map, roll dice and chat).

But what I do want RW to do for me is eliminate the paper handouts, and allow for expedient sharing of information I put into RW for the purpose of revealing to players without having to jump through hoops to share it with them during a game session. (I just assumed easy digital sharing would be part of the paradigm.)

Disappointment aside, I can understand if this wasn't the original conception of RW, and it is still an interesting and useful product. But since RW was first developed real time cloud based collaboration tools have become more prolific. (Or at least I became more aware of them).

I'm now so used to the kind of real time sharing one can get with Dropbox, Google Docs/Sheets, Wunderlist, Evernote, Slack, etc. the current sync model in RW is pretty clunky.

Please keep making RW into the best GM tool out there. This request is only intended in that spirit.

Cheers,
-Mettius
Mettius is offline   #1 Reply With Quote