Thread: AD&D 2e
View Single Post
EightBitz

Old April 20th, 2016, 08:44 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by adkaraczun View Post
Okay. I get that. How would you rate the tools to create rule sets? I am not a programmer, so if it takes actual programming skill I'll probably not be able to do it. Also what do I need to do this? The HL licensing structure with rule sets and authoring tool, etc. Is confusing to me, which has stopped me from purchasing anything more than I currently have.
You would need the authoring kit which is included with the purchase of Savage Worlds.

You would need some basic programming skills. You don't need to be a professional programmer.

You would need an advanced text editor. I use UltraEdit, mainly because I opted for unlimited upgrades back when the combined cost of that plus the program was around $40.

Notepad++ is a free option, but I've never used it, so I can't comment on how well it would work for Hero Lab files.

Designing a game system from scratch is not something that is going to be quick and easy. It involves a lot of time, a lot of work, and if you're just starting out, a lot of learning and A LOT OF FRUSTRATION.

I'm not trying to discourage you. I'm just setting expectations.
EightBitz is offline   #95 Reply With Quote