View Single Post
Silveras

Old April 18th, 2017, 07:36 PM
Containment is generally intended for fairly-permanent assignment.. geographic things like River A is on Continent B. Transitory things like memberships are recommended to be represented via Relationships (such as "Contains" type for "Organization/Member" pairs or "Residence/Resident" pairs).

So in your example... I would not use Cast Lists for the membership of the military organization or the ship's crew. The cast list might be "Adventure 1 NPCs". The "Band of Brothers" would be a "Group: Military" with each NPC having an "Organization/Member" relationship to it. Likewise, the "Ship of Fools" would be "Ship of Fools Crew" topic of the "Group: Other" type (unless something more specific fit), and again, the relevant Individuals would have an "Organization/Member" relationship to it.

Naturally, recommended practices are just that: recommended, not required.

The virtue to relationships is that there is a specific view that can be used to show the connections by type.

For my own uses, I place Individuals under Cast Lists for the most part, but significant NPCs are located where the PCs can most expect to meet them.. often in their adventure site "rooms".

Last edited by Silveras; April 18th, 2017 at 07:38 PM.
Silveras is offline   #2 Reply With Quote