View Single Post
Vargr

Old September 12th, 2015, 09:47 PM
We are on the same page here - that's why I would like a hot key to be pressed before the search'n'suggestion routine should be invoked, so it shouldn't search at all.

Maybe it can be done, so that you could type When they discover the [hotkey] Ma and then it starts searching and finding the MacGuffin even though its topic name is "The MacGuffin" - that is, it searches for single whole words in the topic list not just the entire string.

This way you could avoid myriad hits.

I also imagine (this is a program issue, so I am just making things up here for lack of insight), that RW could utilize a text file with all the topic names in and just search through that with no need to enter every topic and search out the topic name and alias in every topic. But I imagine that is how it already works; RW being a database the topic names and the aliases should be in one single (and simple) table with just a link to the topic in question, thus easy and fast to search through with a minimum drain on ressources.
But I digress...

Besides, I have never experienced a slowly in programs/computers when using programs with a similar feature. Maybe I am just lucky using the few programs that get it right or maybe because my computer is reasonable fast.

Vargr
Deputy Calendar Champion

Legend has it, that the Tarrasque is a huge fighting beast, perpetually hungry.
Sleet entered History when he managed to get on the back of a Tarrasque only to be ridden out of History shortly after.

Using Realm Works, Worldographer (Hexographer 2), LibreOffice, Daz3D Studio, pen & paper for the realm World of Temeon and the system LEFD - both homebrewed.

Vargr is offline   #9 Reply With Quote