View Single Post
rob
Lone Wolf Staff

Old April 24th, 2012, 03:42 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fox Lee View Post
Random name grab-bag with user-defined lists. I have big lists of names that suit particular races and areas in my campaign, since the standard D&D set don't always work with my world. When I'm put on the spot for a bit-part NPC I didn't think about too hard, I'd love a button that lets me grab a random name from the appropriate list without any hassle.
This isn't planned for the initial release, but it's something that many GMs would find useful. That being said, it will be easy to setup your own lists to pull from within Realm Works. The only thing we won't have in the initial release is random retrieval from your list.

Quote:
The ability to have multiple versions of NPCs tied to each other - so you could, for example, have a level 2 version of Whatshisface and a level 6 version for later on, both tagged as being Whatshisface.
Absolutely in there.

Quote:
Some manner of user-defined fields for NPCs. I don't actually give most of mine stats, since I don't want to ever risk them upstaging the PCs, but I do like to create them as "cohort" entities that can give the party certain benefits. I'm sure I could just write things like that in their description, but it would be much more excellent to see versatility similar to HeroLab, where I could create fields like "services" and "active benefit" as part of a template for my NPCs.
Definitely in there.

Quote:
Association between quests/plots and other entities. For example, working the the cohort rules I mentioned above, the party can improve their cohorts by taking on quests dealing with their personal plots. I'm hoping RealmWorks would let me categorise or tag quests/plots as being major, minor, personal, tied to a particular character or area, linked to/triggered by another quest/plot, and so forth.
This is the crux of Realm Works. You should be able to do just about anything you can think of in this regard.

Quote:
Sorting options for, like, everything. One of the most annoying things about working with plain old document formats is that most stuff has to be changed manually (embedded spreadsheets/databases have helped with some of that, but they make the document big and clunky and don't enjoy running on my netbook). Being able to sort entities by, say their location, relation to the party, time-sensitivity, plot importance, or any number of other factors (especially, in my case, old or new name) would be a huge boon.
As above, this is a fundamental aspect of Realm Works. It won't just be sorting, but full searching/filtering, visualizing, and navigating via the links between the assorted content.

Hope this helps!
rob is offline   #46 Reply With Quote