View Single Post
jlong05
Volunteer Data File Author

Send a message via MSN to jlong05

Old August 13th, 2018, 01:07 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by rob View Post
That is absolutely correct. Using the Authoring Kit, anyone could create their own version of the Starfinder game system (or Pathfinder 2nd Edition). And those data files could then be shared with other users. So there is nothing stopping a user-created version of either game system on HLClassic.

That said, I'm guessing most users that are asking for HLClassic support would prefer us to do the work, since it would be a significant effort to put it all together. If it was fast and easy, we would have done it ourselves.
Rob,

Having been around since the old AB days with you and a developer for those, I fully understand the point. My point, as you confirmed, was that everyone making a complaint that the HLC tool is forgotten for Starfinder or PF2 need to be reminded from time to time that the tool is an authoring kit and with the correct licensing they are fully able to create any system then want/need.

But it takes effort and that is the key part. The assumption is that LWD has the time to do that effort, and forget that you are a business and have determined to place your effort elsewhere (for now).

The only "hobby" GW is interested in is lining their pockets with your money.
jlong05 is offline   #28 Reply With Quote