View Single Post
Mathias
Lone Wolf Staff

Old November 30th, 2008, 12:24 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by AWizardInDallas

1. I need a place to store the draconic aura value for later calculations; the aura is level-dependent number from 1 to 5. I tried to store it in a user tag but couldn't figure out how to update it or refer to it.
I wouldn't worry about storing it (although it looks like the class needs a special for the purpose of displaying the aura) - just come up with the code to calculate the aura strength, then cut-and-paste to every other script that needs it.

Quote:
2. Fire Shield Aura (Su): Enemy attacker takes Aura x 2 fire damage when striking the shaman. I'd like to display the precalculated damage value but it's not a deal-breaker.
field[xSumm].text and field[CustDesc].text are where you can put text that changes.

ex:
Code:
var aura as number
aura = field[xTotalLev].value/4 ~aura = level/4
aura = round(aura,0,1) ~rounded up
aura = aura*2 ~in this script, damage = aura*2

field[xSumm].text = "Any creature striking you with a natural attack or non-reach weapon takes " & aura & "fire damage."
Quote:
3. Power Aura (Su): Add Aura value as damage bonus on all melee weapons. (See #1; otherwise I plan to add using tDamLight, tDamOne, tDamTwo, etc.)
tDamBonus covers all those.
Quote:
4. Presense Aura (Su): Add Aura value to Bluff, Diplomacy and Intimidate. (See #1; don't know how to pass the variable aura value as the bonus, otherwise I do know how to add a skill bonus.)
5. Resistance Aura (Su): Add Aura value x 5 as DR/fire. (See #1; don't know how to add damage reduction but was going to try using the #applyresist macro.)
6. Senses Aura (Su): Add Aura value to Listen, Spot and initiative. (See #1; same problem as #4 too and don't know how to add to initiative.)
7. Toughness Aura (Su): Add Aura value as DR/magic. (See #1; same problem as #5.)
#applyresist[xDamRsFire, aura*5]
hero.child[Initiative].field[Bonus].value +=aura
#applydr[xDamRdMag, aura]

don't forget to bootstrap xDamRsFire and xDamRdMag to the class - their code is set up so they won't actually show themselves until they are assigned a value.

Quote:
8. Breath Weapon: Would like to show the breath weapon as an upgrade. (I know about the upgrade check box but it doesn't seem to do anything? Still looking at Rogue sneak attack as it's similar though.)
The first time you add a special like this, put a script on it that calculates the value of the special and have that one change its field[livename].text, field[xSumm].text, and field[CustDesc].text to whatever the value should be. The later instances of the special all have the upgrade box checked, and don't have scripts. That way, only the first one shows up in the special list and charges, but all of them show up on the class tab, to properly display whether or not they've been obtained.

Quote:
9. Natural Armor: +1 to +3 level-dependent; the code I'm using doesn't seem to work.
Here's the script from the improved natural armor feat (First, 10000):
hero.child[ArmorClass].field[tACNatural].value +=1

Quote:
10. Is there a way to add Fly 60 ft. (good)? This happens at 19th level.
Bootstrap xFly to the class. Next, go to the tags button for that bootstrap, and add the following:
Value<tab>60
Maneuver<tab>Good

Next, go to the condition button for that bootstrap.
Enter First, 1000 for the timing (First,0 is the default, but will not work), and for the text:
count:Classes.cRedDragSh >=19

Of course you'll need to use whatever ID you gave the class in place of cRedDragSh.
Mathias is offline   #24 Reply With Quote