View Single Post
rob
Lone Wolf Staff

Old April 23rd, 2006, 12:38 PM
Thanks for the clarification. There is only way that I can think of for this to be happening. Since you are copying the entire folder, and you don't specify that you're forced recompilation of any data files, it's possible that out-of-date information is being used due to date/time stamps on compiled files. Before you switch game systems, force a compile of the data files in the copied folder. Then verify that the problem is still occurring.

If it *IS* still occurring, you'll need to send us the data files to take a look at. There is no other reason that I can think of for what you are describing.

-Rob

At 06:08 PM 4/19/2006, you wrote:

Quote:
My appologies for not having the terminology down. Let me try again.

(1) Originally, all of my files (Forsaken.dat, Dragyri.dat, and Dark_Age.def) were in a folder named "DA". When I run AB everything works as expected.

(2) I made a copy of the folder "DA" (with its contents) and renamed it "Dark_Age". Now when I run AB, none of the units associated with the file Forsaken.dat appear under "Available Units" (in my case it is actually labeled "Available Squads") in the upper half of the main window when I select their faction from the "Create New Roster" form. However, the units associated with the file Dragyri.dat do appear in the "Available Units" in the upper half of the main window.

(3) I made a copy of the folder "Dark_Age" (with it contents) and rename it "DarkAge". Now when I run AB the units associated with the file Forsaken.dat do appear under "Available Units" in the upper half of the main window when I select their faction from the "Create New Roster" form.
rob is offline   #9 Reply With Quote