View Single Post
Dark Lord Galen

Old December 1st, 2014, 05:05 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chemlak View Post
Much agreement: it's quite hard to grasp that we have here a very flexible, mutable tool for active management of campaign information.

But...

Once we reach the stage of being able to share our work with each other, the starting state matters.

So really, right now I can structure things however I want, as long as it meets my needs, but when it comes to sharing with others, there are some potential pitfalls we need to be aware of, so that we can make life easier for our fellow GMs who might use our work.
It's in the nature of best practices for other users: there will be GMs out there who will snag encounters and plotlines wholesale from the community repository, and anything we can do to not make them work harder to integrate that work into their own realm for instant use is a good thing.
True,,, and All of your collective comments has me relooking at that cross usability as well. Although I may have differing campaign or approach. a consistency of logic will become essential for sharing ideas and those idea landing in the appropriate places.
For Example, I have placed the vast majority of my "people" (NPC and Others) into the Individual "Slot"... not really looking at their relationships unless they were members of a guild, order, etc.... these comments has me reevaluating that approach.
Dark Lord Galen is offline   #12 Reply With Quote