View Single Post
Chemlak

Old December 1st, 2014, 04:19 AM
Much agreement: it's quite hard to grasp that we have here a very flexible, mutable tool for active management of campaign information.

But...

Once we reach the stage of being able to share our work with each other, the starting state matters.

If, for example, I choose to share my current adventure (unlikely, how many people want a Pathfinder adventure for 23rd level characters with 5 mythic tiers set in the Forgotten Realms?), it behooves me to ensure that Iridris (elf female illusionist) isn't inside the Council of Seven (group (criminal)) container because her role in the adventure is to pretend to be an ally of the PCs for a while, and if a GM blindly reveals her and the group (highly likely, since she explicitly tells the PCs about the group), the container relationship is out there.

So really, right now I can structure things however I want, as long as it meets my needs, but when it comes to sharing with others, there are some potential pitfalls we need to be aware of, so that we can make life easier for our fellow GMs who might use our work.

It's in the nature of best practices for other users: there will be GMs out there who will snag encounters and plotlines wholesale from the community repository, and anything we can do to not make them work harder to integrate that work into their own realm for instant use is a good thing.

Last edited by Chemlak; December 1st, 2014 at 04:22 AM.
Chemlak is offline   #11 Reply With Quote