View Single Post
Dakonofrath

Old April 16th, 2020, 03:20 PM
Hello,

I'm working in the Hero Lab editor and I'm trying to make some custom armor and I'm having a really hard time figuring out something I originally thought would be simple (go figure).

The armor is not magical, but it grants a +2 Str bonus and a -4 Dex penalty when wearing it. How do I input this into the editor to get this bonus to automatically apply when the character equips the armor?

I've clicked on every button in the Armor tab and I even tried making it magical armor and clicked through everything there and I can't find anything that works. Here's what I've already tried:

1. I tried to make non-magical armor and couldn't find anything granting abilities or powers. I left the non-magical version for a base armor.
2. I tried making a magic armor but nothing in the "Armor Powers" button grants the ability to modify stats.
3. I tried appending the reference information because that has a +2STR button but that does nothing but list information. It doesn't modify the stat.
4. I tried adding +2 attribute modified in the Automatic Calculations button and then in Charge Calc Attribute I clicked Str and I set the Usage Period and Constant and that didn't do anything either.
5. I tried creating an Item Power but had the same problems as numbers 3 and 4.

Where do I input the information to make the armor provide the bonus and the penalty as soon as the character equips it?

Thanks for the help.
Dakonofrath is offline   #1 Reply With Quote