View Single Post
TheIronGolem

Old June 4th, 2016, 01:08 PM
Short version: In the Warshifter archetype, hit the Bootstraps button. In the menu that appears, hit "click to add another bootstrap". A new row of controls will appear, which includes a textbox for a thingid. In that textbox, enter "cCfgSoPWSh" without the quotes. Click the OK button, then hit Test Now to compile the changes. If the "Warshifter Maneuvers" tab doesn't appear on the character right away, do a CTL-R to reload the game system and it should be there.

Longer version: cCfgSoPWSh is the ID for the Configurable that you created, and it's the Warshifter Maneuvers tab itself. A Configurable's job is to track how many of one or more thing types (usually abilities or feats) that can be added to a character, and to give the user an interface for adding them to the character and viewing them afterwards.

With PoW classes, the Configurable in turn bootstraps a "maneuver list", which is a custom component that ShadowChemosh wrote. The maneuver list is what tracks the number of stances/maneuvers a class gets at each level and what Disciplines are allowed for that class. The Configurable refers to the maneuver list to determine what maneuvers/stances to display to the user as valid choices.

"Bootstrapping" is the process of taking some element (a race, feat, class ability, whatever) and adding it to the character programatically. For example, a class bootstraps all the class abilities that class gets - which is why adding a level of Rogue gives you Sneak Attack without you having to manually add that ability.

So in the case of PoW classes (or PoW archetypes for non-PoW classes), the chain goes Class/Archetype->Configurable->Maneuver List. The user adds the class/arch by hand, the class/arch adds the configurable so that its maneuvers will show up, and the configurable adds the maneuver list so it knows what maneuvers it's allowed to show. You were missing the first link in that chain - the archetype bootstrapping the configurable. Once I added that bootstrap and compiled/reloaded, the maneuvers tab appeared and I was able to add maneuvers to it. I didn't look too deep to validate the Discipline choices or anything, but it did seem right at a glance.
TheIronGolem is offline   #12 Reply With Quote