View Single Post
candidgamera

Old March 4th, 2014, 05:03 AM
Hello, to the forumites here at Lone Wolf. I had a question, so I figured I'd sign up and ask.

I am working on a Ravenloft campaign that I plan to start in a couple of months, and I am loading up a custom .user file (and trying to teach myself how this stuff works along the way). I'm starting with simple things, like languages and deities from the Ravenloft setting.

I noticed an oddity, though, while tinkering with the house rules. My default character in my initial portfolio is a Human Expert 1. I have turned off the Inner Sea World Guide in the rules options so it doesn't force me to choose an ethnicity for him. I have also turned on the No Common Language rule to emulate the Domains of Dread. The problem is, my 1st level human peasant with an intelligence of 10 has no languages at all now!

I have reported this as a bug to the development guys - the No Common Language house rule should allow one to pick an alternate, but I have to figure that someone ran into this before - what are good workarounds?

I know I can add a permanent adjustment to every PC and NPC to give them an extra language. I may also be able to use templates or subtypes to create fake ethnicities (e.g., 'Barovian'), to bestow appropriate languages. But both of those seem like a headache. Any thoughts?
candidgamera is offline   #1 Reply With Quote