View Single Post
AceOfSpades

Old October 4th, 2021, 12:37 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathias View Post
We can't fit improving the documentation into the plans for the immediate horizon, and anything beyond the next few projects is still nebulous, because the amount of time they'll require is not certain. I did not say that we would never be improving the documentation. That's still something I want to do.
So. It's been about 6 years since this was posted, 8 years since the wiki was last updated, and 13 years since the AK was released. Is there any chance of this being updated, ever? I've no idea if an AK equivalent will be released for HLO but this is a pretty fundamental component of HeroLab Classic and it's kinda mind boggling that the documentation has been this neglected, let alone hearing that there isn't even an in house equivalent.

What happens if someone, some guru, leaves the company and they're no longer available to chat about how to do things? Does the business risk that presents motivate Lone Wolf to actually document how one of their core products is used at a developer level?

On a personal level I've paid a LOT of money to use Hero Lab Classic for Pathfinder and not having access to documentation for a product that I actually use regularly is very distressing.
AceOfSpades is offline   #40 Reply With Quote