View Single Post
Paragon

Old May 9th, 2017, 02:14 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by zarlor View Post
Yeah, creatures can be pretty time consuming, but how often do people really use HL to deal with creatures? It seems to me the most common use case, at least on the Savage Worlds side, is character or NPC creation and advancement. I think I may even have a few data files that have no Creatures in them at all and I've never heard anyone complain about that. My personal take is the top things that make a data file truly functional are all Edges, Hindrances, Arcane Backgrounds, Powers and gear/weapons. Even vehicles are not really that important, just the main things folks need to create and advance characters. It's usually the coding stuff that ends up being needed for automating some of the things those pieces do or for just verifying they are used correctly by the rules. That's been my general take on it, anyway.
I'm the wrong one to ask since I entered all the necessary creatures for both my XCOM and Broken Earth files. Since I tend to think terms of GMing tools, I wouldn't even have considered doing otherwise (though its admittedly the last thing I normally do).
Paragon is offline   #8 Reply With Quote