View Single Post
Happydevil43

Old September 2nd, 2018, 08:15 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by EightBitz View Post
I haven't played 5e, but I'm guessing that its growth in popularity has been due to a back-to-basics approach, whereas with PF1, people are suffering from crunch fatigue. I know nothing about PF2.

That's just my guess, though.
I have been following the playtest quite closely even though our group has decided to stay on PF1.
pF2 is a small step in the direction to stem the tide against 5e, but it’s not there yet, and may never do as they have tweaked a lot of stuff but it hasn’t gone far enough and have introduced mechanics that haven’t balanced well.... but I digress.
Our group has being playing 5e and we like it, it’s just a tad too basic for us so remaining on pf1 for now. We worked out that if we played every AP at our current rate, will be all long and turned to dust or at least senility has kicked in, and we can play them over again, before we have played them all (about 30 years at last count)... so the old grey mare has a bit of life in her yet.
So please put the PF1 content in... all of it... I may sway the other GMs in our group to the dark side
Happydevil43 is offline   #33 Reply With Quote