View Single Post
Dark_Soul

Old March 15th, 2016, 11:35 AM
Hello everyone. Just bought Hero Lab and installed these community files, and I have to say the amount of work that's gone into this content is impressive.

I noticed a few pages back that someone was interested in the fey'ri race from Races of Faerun. I actually need that race for the campaign I'm running now, so I've fired up the editor and got most of it entered. Because I'm completely inexperienced with the finer points of the editor I'm stuck on their racial abilities.

Quote:
All fey'ri have four abilities drawn from this list:
  • Charm Person
  • Clairaudience/Clairvoyance
  • Damage Reduction 10/Magic*
  • Darkness
  • Detect Thoughts
  • Dimension Door*
  • Enervation*
  • Fire Resistance 10
  • Suggestion
  • +2 racial bonus on saves vs. electricity
  • +2 racial bonus on saves vs. poison

Any spells listed are usable 1/day at a caster level = character level/HD. Any saves are based on Charisma. Only one ability with an asterisk can be chosen, and choosing any of these abilities increases the Level Adjustment of the race by 1, from +2 to +3.
Ideally, when choosing this race a window would pop up before adding any levels to the hero with the list of abilities in it, and check boxes beside each of them. Choosing any one of Dimension Door, Enervation, or Damage Reduction would make the other two impossible to select and raise the LA of the fey'ri by one. As an NPC, it wouldn't raise CR/LA, but would still be limited to one of the three.

Any tips on how to implement this would be greatly appreciated! If this isn't the right place to ask for help like this, let me know and I'll move the post to the appropriate area.
Dark_Soul is offline   #468 Reply With Quote