View Single Post
ShadowChemosh
Volunteer Data File Contributor

Old January 11th, 2017, 02:26 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cynder View Post
i can understand that and that's cool and all but this is the only "fish" i need. i have figured everything else out already and my time is short (need this weekend), i don't ask questions at all normally so this is a desperation measure for me, not laziness.

i asked this in the 5E side originally but saw the pathfinder side was more populated, so i asked it here as well since i figured i am asking for a "count and display" value, witch would work on any system the same really.
(in my mind, forgive me if that's not so)

more details needed:

system: 5E side.
what is this running: custom race ability on a custom race WITH custom arcatypes.
what race then?: kitsune race,
whats this for?: the effect is a saving throw, DC 10 + prof bonus + charisma = saveing value. i already worked out how to link the prof and charisma, don't know how to make it add ten, and give me a number, and then display it like it would a normal DC value. (see Dropbox link for what i mean)

why not use normal DC?: simple, i found that button in a heartbeat, but normal for 5E is 8 +prof+char... not 10+prof+char and that +2 in 5E makes a MASSIVE difference.

why not copy paste?: tryed that, cant find a script that does this. because as you said normally its one button click in the editor, DC + PROF + CHAR.. i need to add 2 to that somehow... and the editor itself wont let me add 2 to that automatic button thing.
Thanks that helps allot. The logic in 5e and Pathfinder can be very different not always but it can be. Its best to get a better answer in the game system specific to your question. In this case I actually code in both systems so I can help and why I saw your post in both places.

Also the +prof bonus I read as "Profane Bonus" for Pathfinder but Proficiency bonus makes more sense for 5e.

FYI The dropbox link for me goes to a 404 not found.

I can't do 5e scripting off the top of my head. Once I get home from work tonight I will look and post up a script answer.

Just keep in mind you ever ask for a fish again I will point you right back at the FAQ section.

Hero Lab Resources:
Pathfinder - d20pfsrd and Pathfinder Pack Setup
3.5 D&D (d20) - Community Server Setup
5E D&D - Community Server Setup
Hero Lab Help - Hero Lab FAQ, Editor Tutorials and Videos, Editor & Scripting Resources.
Created by the community for the community
- Realm Works kickstarter backer (Alpha Wolf) and Beta tester.
- d20 HL package volunteer editor.
ShadowChemosh is offline   #6 Reply With Quote