View Single Post
Sendric

Old October 7th, 2015, 04:57 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by RavenX View Post
Nightfox,

You might be able to actually accomplish this with variant class levels that do not remove class features. A single variant can be created which adds the features you wish to add, or you could even just have single variants that add specific abilities at specific levels and just add them to the character as you earn/unlock them. You wouldn't have to modify or create and existing class. This will save you a few headaches in the long run, to be honest.
The downside to this is that you would need variant levels for every class you intend to use the template with. I guess the question is, what do you need to be able to track in a separate tab?

As for your direct questions:

1) I haven't found a good way to do this. I've played around with it for Gestalt, but never came up with anything that really worked.

2) No. Specials and templates do not bring up class panels. At least, not that I'm aware of.

Class variants could work, but again you'd have to make separate class variants for every class at each level that you intend to use it. This may not be practical depending on your needs.

What you are doing sounds similar to the Mythic stuff from Pathfinder. I'd have to look into it, but if you could mimic how that's done then you might be able to use that. Not sure the d20 system is really set up for that, however.

Last edited by Sendric; October 7th, 2015 at 05:04 AM.
Sendric is offline   #3 Reply With Quote