View Single Post
archamedius

Old November 11th, 2014, 10:10 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by tunasandwichify View Post
Note, in the Undead Legions book it specifically states on page 20 first paragraph: "you must use the unit profiles, points costs, equipment, options and special rules found in either Warhammer VC/TK."

Page 84 of VC book: Where it explains "Using the Army List" and shows the stats and such, Options says this: "This is a list of optional weapons and armour, mounts, magic items and other upgrades for units or characters, including the points cost for each..."

So in an UL list, VC can use any and all magic items specific to them in their book and TK can use any magic items specific to them in their book. But they can't swap those items back and forth. ie; liche priest with black periapt.

Please to fix
While I personally wholeheartedly agree with this statement, there is still a significant debate on the various forums regarding this subject. Having the option to exclude army book magic items or not seems to me to be the best solution so that those going to say Adepticon can build a list to suit the rules and those playing in a meta that supports the use of army book magic items in a legions list can continue to use the army builder product.

The army builder team supporting Warhammer Fantasy has always seemed to me to be above meddling in discussions not yet decided when it comes to rules disputes, and I admired that about the team. I would hope they would remain so, and maintain a neutral stance with regard to these discussions.
archamedius is offline   #17 Reply With Quote