View Single Post
Ryan F
Lone Wolf Staff

Old October 6th, 2022, 08:16 AM
Hey there everyone,

As promised I am back again today to provide an update on the situation since I just got off the line with our team who have informed me that as of this morning there is a new Mac version of HLC (8.9i) posted to the servers that will get around the issue introduced by Apple in macOS 12.6. Many of you who contacted us directly via the support email will have already seen a message very similar to this one but given that a fair number of users do not actually either know or perhaps care to deal with the hassle of writing support email messages I wanted to get this information posted here as well for some increased visibility.

This updated version is accessible via the link I'm including below to our Product Download page for this version and it is also available through the HLC Updates download menu where all the other various Updates and game data files are located within the software.
(https://www.lonewolfdevel.com/Submit...p&platform=mac)

Given that this is a new version/build of the software there is a possibility that upon attempting to launch the software after the update you may encounter an OS-generated "malicious software warning" that prevents automatic launch. If this happens you can bypass the problem by doing the following:
Launch Hero Lab > View Error as noted > Click "Show in Finder" > Locate Hero Lab within the Finder Window > Right-Click > Open > View a similar Error window

Once you do this you should see the option to open the software and bypass/ignore the warning, and in so doing it will have your system recall the decision by whitelisting it locally so that the error should no longer appear on any attempt to launch Hero Lab Classic. We do already have plans in motion to get that additional bit of hassle wrapped up and negate any need to use the Finder App workaround fix for the local whitelist, but we were much more focused at this phase on ensuring that we corrected the much bigger problem of the software failing/crashing outright.

Thanks a million for letting us know about the issue promptly, and a special shout-out to all of you wonderful people that sent messages to the support desk and provided detailed crash report logs.

--
Ryan Furnas
Customer/Technical Support
<support@wolflair.com>
Ryan F is offline   #36 Reply With Quote