View Single Post
ghstgry

Old February 17th, 2015, 11:19 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by EdSteiner View Post
Nothing prohibits a model from having both a great weapon and a runic weapon. Example from 2.88 a dwarf lord is S4 so his line show S4+* for his stat line ok, now add that great weapon, it move to S4+*/6+* which is correct. Ok then add a runic weapon and you see it drops back to S4+*. So what is the issue, since again by rule that is correct as runic weapon over rides great weapon. Please review my comments and see if you follow my logic steps.
I suppose there really isn't an issue if you know the rules. My concern is that someone will choose a GW and then throw a bunch of weapon runes on the character, thinking that they're pumping up a GW. And while I understand that the software explicitly removes the +2 Str for a GW from the model's stats, that player might argue that "the software is wrong", etc.

I'd ask to have the GW option greyed when runes have been applied, but I suppose there is that very minute chance that the character's runic weapon could be destroyed, thus forcing him to fall back on his other weapon(s). In that case, having a GW in addition to the runic HW would actually be valid.

I guess it seems potentially confusing as is. I leave it to your judgement on how to handle it.
ghstgry is offline   #108 Reply With Quote