View Single Post
thaX

Old October 16th, 2020, 06:17 AM
Basically, this is an App, not a Program.

The move to online only Apps is a trend that was ongoing well before Herolab made the leap. I imagine that the old program needed a lot of work to adjust to the new realities and better implementation of the code to work across multiple gaming systems. As an aid to create and update characters, it is also limited (though it is all I ever wanted) in scope compared to what the App is doing and the future plans of the online tool has.

It would have been nice if Code Monkey could have gotten their character forge programme off the ground after the loss of the Etools license they expertly fixed from Fluid. There are some that still use the PC Gen tools for PF1.

My preference would have been a new program rather than the online App. With improvements and overall better performance of the basics, though, it is a good character creation tool. There is also the fact that one can adjust and use it during play, provided an internet connection is available, though this was already being done by the Ipad program that was snipped into App form.

The biggest advantage to the App is the ability to use any device to access it, since it is browser based instead of legacy based on Windows or Mac. The biggest disadvantage is that User Content, or other content not license through Lonewolf (such as the Psionic books in PF1) that users have ported over in the past, is not possible with the App metrics.
thaX is offline   #4 Reply With Quote