View Single Post
chogenkiboy

Old July 10th, 2007, 09:50 AM
I definitely agree that a page with background info would be great as I use the Background Details field to store free form notes (since I haven’t found another place to store free form notes). I’d also like to see the “background” (or “notes”) page include feat descriptions and/or info from the Special Abilities tab.

I like the spell book print out. I recently added a spell from a supplement, and I noticed the “Description Text” information for SRD spells is extremely summarized in the Editor. I’m guessing this was done to keep the spell print outs with “Details Text” useful. I also noticed there is a “Summary Text” field that appears to be unused. I suggest the spell print outs leverage the Summary Text field instead of the Description Text field so that the entire spell text can be stored in the Description Text field.

Also, the naming convention for spell print outs in the Print Portfolio seems a bit counter intuitive. “Descriptions Only” includes all the fields I’d be inclined to classify as details. “Detail Text” includes what is labeled in the Editor as the “Description Text” field, though as I mentioned, I think “Summary Text” would be better. I suggest the Print Portfolio refer to “Details” and “Summaries”.

Another change to consider for the “Details and Summaries” print out is using the Range Tags values instead of Range Text, because I think most spells only include one range tag, and that would leave more room for other details in the print report lines.
chogenkiboy is offline   #6 Reply With Quote