View Single Post
ruhar

Old April 11th, 2018, 11:49 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by evildmguy View Post
What really made me use RW less is the Player Versions. I know it would be a LOT more work to make a real time publish/subscribe model such that when I click reveal, it would show up a second later for my players. (I get it would be longer if over the internet; I was thinking local web hosting for that speed.) That's what I was wanting and didn't realize it until it didn't happen. Even if it was easy to sync up while within a Realm and do a push notification to any Player versions out there would be nice.
I also thought the Player Version would do that so I was disappointed to discover that wasn't the case. If I had known I doubt I would have bought it for my players since they rarely if ever look at things between sessions. Even with that disappointment (and the calendars ;-) I do find it a great tool for me. I consider myself a module queen so I take the time to enter the one we going through. I like that I not only can see connections but the links are invaluable. I can also make notes of rules and link to it. All of that is golden for me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tharmiones View Post
...the same to be used mechanism is already working with Fantasy Grounds as far as I can tell. So why the heck should it work for one company but not the other.
I have wondered about that also but knowing how tight-lipped companies can be I figured I would just have to hang in there.

Funding a Kickstarter is always a risk and a possible disappointment. At least Rob didn't take our Kickstarter money and run. That actually happened on one that I supported. I look at it like the stock market, you invest to help the company and hope for a return. Sometimes the return is really good, sometimes you'll break even, and sometimes you loose your shirt. We didn't loose our shirt so at the very least those of us who invested broke even. We got a tool that I think is doing more than I was able to do without it. I don't doubt that we will get all of the extra items promised for our support. I hope the full dream we helped fund will eventually happen but for now I'll take the win we have and enjoy it.
ruhar is offline   #373 Reply With Quote