View Single Post
rob
Lone Wolf Staff

Old January 9th, 2013, 05:15 PM
Everything appears to be working perfectly on this end. I've just gone through and double-checked everything. Activation from within Hero Lab is working fine for all of my tests. In addition, the manual activation process is similarly working properly. There was definitely an issue affecting everyone when the original poster reported his issue, but this one appears to be different.

At this point, I'm not sure what could be going on for you, especially since the problem has apparently persisted for multiple days. My best theory is that you were accessing the server during heavy load periods that resulted in the timeouts. However, that's very unlikely if the problem persisted over days.

Did you always try to access the server at the same time of day? Or at various times? If you can provide me with some of the times that failed, I can investigate the server logs to see if I can uncover what was happening at those times. Perhaps that will reveal some clues.

Given that there is no evidence on the server of there being a problem, and given that the problem has persisted for days with no other reports of problems from other users, it's also possible that something is interfering on your computer. I'm not saying that's the case, but I want to explore all possibilities here to get you running as quickly as possible. Within Hero Lab, please go to the Tools menu, select the Diagnostics sub-menu, and then run the "Check Internet Connection" tests. Those tests are fast operations that should never timeout. If those timeout, then it points to something else going on with your internet connection that we need to figure out.

Please give things another try, first using the built-in activation and then the manual method if that fails. If the problem persists, please send me both the diagnostics output and the response message from the manual activation at rob(at)wolflair(dot)com. I can then investigate things further on this end.

Thanks for your patience while we work to figure this out for you.
rob is offline   #4 Reply With Quote