View Single Post
jfrazierjr

Old May 14th, 2017, 07:37 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by zarlor View Post
Considering this was back in 2013 I've long since forgotten any of the details of what all I was looking at with this by now. I partially achieved getting a character sheet with the full descriptions to print from that other thread I pointed out (and the link to the data file to add those if they are of use for other folks is there as well.)

The zip file linked above was my attempt to create that kind of sheet with some more flexibility and maybe better looking and such, but it was really pretty crappy when all is said and done. I can say some of the guys in my group would probably like to have a flexible HTML sheet for characters just so they have an adjustable version on their tablets. Outside of that was just seeing if I could figure out a way to maybe shunt the data out to a form fillable pdf file just so folks could have "pretty" sheets, since Pinnacle is pretty good about making them available for all of their settings.

I will say that I did grab a couple of sheets that folks had done over on the Pathfinder side just to see what could be done and they did some pretty fancy stuff which I was pretty sure I wouldn't be able to do. But if it's something you've got expertise in and otherwise thought of some ideas and useful ways to format things I'm sure the folks here would be pretty interested in seeing some of that. I know I would, anyway. I just can't think of just what those nifty things might be cool too see right now, though.
I finally got Ancient One's sheet downloaded. I also spent some time reading a bit about how he designed it. I have no doubt I could implement a fairly dynamic html character sheet(but likely no where near as dynamic as his, such as no movable panels by the user for example). My question/issue really would revolve around what would people want?

So, for example, would one want a series of "radio buttons" for wounds so that this could be quickly tracked? I guess my thought here would be as a simple replacement for the HL IPad app(which does not support Android and does not support Savage Worlds!). I know the one time I played PathFinder, I created my character in HL, exported to dropbox and then imported into the IPad HL viewer. But, I don't have that IPad anymore and besides as mentioned, SW is not supported anyway. Would you want "check boxes" for various in game mechanics such as Wild Attack, Frenzy, etc to actually modify the Sheet and show the effects? If I were to start down this road, it would be a longish project, but honestly, I would need to know what people might want.
jfrazierjr is offline   #20 Reply With Quote