View Single Post
Conandy

Old April 7th, 2018, 09:25 AM
I am butting my head against something.

I create a topic in my overall World Almanac, let's say an Event with several scenes contained beneath. I then assign that topic to the Story Almanac/Story Topic view for a campaign. All good to this point. Everthing is now organized so I can see this content in the overall world almanac and/or the story almanac.

Fast forward: I now need to add more content under that topic. So naturally, I do so in the World Almanac, which is the "master" level. However, that new content (say some new scenes) does not automatically show up in the same container in the Story Almanac, even though when I assigned that top level topic to the Story Almanac view, I clicked 'assign contained topics'.

Apparently that assignment to the other story views is a one time deal.

So, I see two work arounds:

1. Add more content in the World Almanac, then un-assign it and re-assign it to the Story Almanac view.

2. Work from the Story Almanac level when adding content from this point on.

1. seems unnecessarily tedious. 2. just plays havoc with my engineering mind on "how things should work". Especially since that same content may need to be available in multiple story views later. I use my "story almanac views" to manage two different campaigns that take place in my master realm.

Am I missing something, or does this just not seem intuitive?
Conandy is offline   #1 Reply With Quote