View Single Post
wurzel

Old June 28th, 2017, 02:09 PM
In my professional life I saw besides some really good projects also too many projects that failed. Investigation to identify the root cause for failures was always leading to the same result: insufficient or wrong communication.
If there is a technical difficulty, it is not necessarily a problem if you tell your boss/client/customer about it and the way you are going to handle it, with the impact this difficulty is going to have on your project plan and the costs.

I simply can't understand why it is so difficult/impossible for LWD to give short regular updates.
It does not necessarily have to be very detailed on a technical level. Therefore the statements don't have to be written by developers. Something like "we discovered that the current database structure makes it impossible to implement this necessary feature so we will have to redesign the structure and change a lot of code. It will take at least some weeks to finish that." could be discussed at lunchtime with the marketing person who then generates this short update, and the crowd has some eagerly awaited info to keep them quiet for a while longer.

DM: Tol'Uluk - game system independent homebrew world (so far AD&D 2, D&D3.5, Fate, Pathfinder, D&D5)
Tools: RW, CC3+, CD3, DD3, HL
RL: Retired senior IT manager. Now just housewife, grandma and fantasy author.
wurzel is offline   #50 Reply With Quote