Thread: Community Files
View Single Post
MagicSN

Old January 30th, 2016, 08:55 AM
Hi, Liz!

The problem is not so much where to host the files - the problem is as there is only this .pkg file available (no idea how to decrypt that format, probably an internal format of your company?...) and not the individual .dat script files, some things are not really implementable.

How can I change the character sheet PDF when the actual code for the character sheet is not available? This cannot be solved with the editor I think, the actual character sheet .dat file would be needed unless I completely misunderstand something.

Especially adding new features is an impossibility then, and also implementing some of the non-SRD things would be hard (and some might be not possible). But again, maybe I misunderstand some things about how this works (I have to admit in 4e/5e datafiles development I nearly never used the editor, I mostly worked directly with the .dat files - much easier also to see the whole overview if looking inside the text editor over the implementation, and I worked especially a lot with copy/paste/change).

I really want to help with the community stuff, but when I cannot look at the .dat files right now I don't know how I should do this.

Best regards,
MagicSN
MagicSN is offline   #5 Reply With Quote