View Single Post
TobyFox2002

Old July 6th, 2019, 09:06 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by PaleHorse42 View Post
I'm running a PF Dragonlance campaign, and was struggling through creating Draconians in HL. Discovering this work is fantastic!

However, I have noticed that the PrC's from DL I was going to use (like Dragon Rider) have incorrect requirements for some things like Skill prequisites. Skill prerequs for D&D 3E/3.5 would be +3 ranks higher than PF since the cap on skill ranks was higher.

Is this just a quirk I happen to encounter in a particular PrC, or something not accounted for across the board?
This is actually a point of contention between people convert 3.x content to pathfinder. Some people are of the belief that the extra +3 skill ranks help to balance the inherent strength of 3.x material over pf as it requires an extra three levels to obtain.

I do not generally subscribe to that belief, I believe that in most cases skills and PrCs should be adjusted to pathfinder.

In the case of the dragon rider, looking back I appear not to have followed my own rule, even though I intended to adjust them down. My intent was to use the lower of the two and if a GM wanted to use the original values they could do so, as the original value is listed.

So thanks for reporting this.

--- Edit ---
Hmm,
Actually the reason I probably didnt adjust the requirements down is because leadership in Pathfinder ultimately requires level 7. Which would mean, well you could not obtain it at level 5 (the level you'd get if you reduced the skills down by 3). Even so, the earliest you'd be able to get this as written is level 8 one level after leadership. Seems kinda without point to adjust down unless you are dropping the leadership req.

Last edited by TobyFox2002; July 6th, 2019 at 09:10 AM.
TobyFox2002 is offline   #191 Reply With Quote