View Single Post
Kendall-DM
Spy

Old January 14th, 2011, 03:01 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lawful_g View Post
For #1 you could either recreate each of the classes with a special to do this, or and I just thought of this so I don't know that it will work, make a single adjustment for the in play tab.

For this adjustment, if it is clicked, its script:
A - detects the hero.child[aSTR].field[aModBonus].value
B - If negative, do nothing, done
C - If positive, subtract that value from the hero.child[Attack].field[tAtkMelee].value
D - Halve and round down the aModBonus value, minimum 1
E - Add that number back into the tAtkMelee field

For general skills, it sounds like you want to do something similar to the Jack of All Trades gnome racial special I made. Look at this forum post http://forums.wolflair.com/showpost....6&postcount=52 . Obviously not the exact same thing, the relevant parts are giving 1 rank for cross class skills and enforcing an error if more than CC ranks are applied.
Not sure it is possible to do this in the In Play tab, since I don't see any way I can alter or even create a script. Where, exactly, is it calculating the attack values, from the classes? I have to go through and alter most of the classes anyhow, due to the skill system I have (all classes get a minimum of 4 skill points plus Int mod per level).

If I do redo the classes, is it possible to remove the old classes or overwrite them? Or does it matter, since mine will have the same names with different unique ids?
Kendall-DM is offline   #4 Reply With Quote