View Single Post
Azgulor

Old June 8th, 2020, 02:56 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jamz View Post
OK so after playing a Ranger in Fall of Plaguestone for a few weeks now, here are a few things that are "bugging" me...

And let me preface this with, I really like using HLO to manage my character but since this threads goal is to make it "better" please read the following as just that, my perspective as a "user" and things I think would help make it a better product for all!

1. To many clicks. Just in general, it takes so many clicks to get to things, especially around weapons.
    1. Precision damage, Having to click the Ability to only open a window to click a checkbox is REALLY starting to annoy me. If there is only 1 checkbox, the "lightning" bolt icon should just mirror it and change it on click. Or at least give us a new icon(s) then like we have for Raise Shield.
      Imagine this: Action 1: Hunt Prey, Action 2: Shoot and kill target, Action 3: Target and shoot new creature that isn't my prey. Guess how many clicks it takes to remove Hunt Prey and get back to Attack #2 to roll for proper damage...6 clicks.
    2. Deleting items. OMG, can we please get a delete option? There are SO many clicks involved to remove an item. Lets say I throw a dagger and loose it. I have to "sell" it, and if I'm not paying attention, I just got Silver for it... We're finding lots of alchemical bombs as well and managing those is becoming painful. (Like using the last 1 Alchemists Fire removes it from play area, but it's still on my Weapons sheet, but there is no delete OR sell menu option, just a move to option...) I just want to remove it altogether... #weapons-locker
    3. Weapons locker, ya, now that we found some "bombs" I quickly filled my weapons locker as a Ranger. Ug. so many clicks to get to the center of a tootsie roll...but we've discussed this already...
  2. Encumbrance. Since it is tracking decimal values of Bulk, could we please show the decimal value? I'm constantly at 6 bulk with my Ranger and I'm encumbered at 7 (str bonus +1) so the difference of 10 arrows can put me in Encumbered condition, yet I barely notice it unless I notice my AC changes.
    1. Could we add Encumbered to the Misc section on the main page? And/or color code things like AC that are changed because of Encumbered? Or just some noticeable "Flag"? Sometimes I feel like a detective trying to figure out why my numbers are different from just a minute ago.
    2. This may be a bug? But the gear tab says Encumbered 6 but really, you are not encumbered until > 6 (for a +1 str character). Shouldn't this really show 6+str mod (you are encumbered when bulk is > 5+str mod)
  3. Talismans... could we PLEASE get an icon or something on the weapon/armor for this? When you add a Talisman 3 weeks ago, you sort of forget you even have one attached to the weapon. Besides the fact of needing clicks to see this, I don't even remember I should click the weapon to look.
    1. Suggestion, like the "backpack" icon for equipment, another icon for talismans (and runes?) would be useful reminders. Bonus if I could just hover over it to see what the talisman does (see #1)
Everything above x2, please.
Azgulor is offline   #35 Reply With Quote