View Single Post
Silveras

Old November 20th, 2016, 03:14 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by rob View Post
The plan is for a complete overhaul of how game sessions are managed. Basically, we would utilize a topic for tracking session notes (pre and post), with a fully customizable category definition underlying it. Then GMs would be able to tailor the structure to their preferences, the notes would be inherently revealable to players, and full linking would be provided.

This is something very high on MY want list. I'm not sure where it fits into the priorities of other users, though.
This sounds pretty close to the approach I took for my Rise of the Runelords PBeM campaign. It wasn't a "Session Log", per se, as the game was Play-by-Post.

I created a custom topic named "Campaign Log" for this. As the campaign progressed, I logged each "day" in it (or a span of days if appropriate). The contents are:
  • In-game Date/time for the start and end of the timespan recorded
  • Weather on the date (if one day)
  • For each encounter: Where (Location name), When (date-time), Who (participants), and What (notes about the results) -- This is a place where repeatable Sections would he a big help.

The name of each Topic is generally "Day X", maybe a brief description ("Day 1 - Arrival in Sandpoint") to make it easier to place things as it is listed in the Navigation pane.
Silveras is offline   #107 Reply With Quote