View Single Post
JustinThomason

Old January 9th, 2018, 09:25 AM
I just picked up a massive adventure module (Frog God's Rappan Athuk) which my game group is pretty jazzed to get into. However, that means that I need to start getting this beast entered into Realm Works.

The fact that the book is mainly one big dungeon with very defined levels and connections between rooms works to my advantage, I think. The authors also seem to be pretty consistent with prefix IDs and how they are referenced in the text, so linking should be pretty solid. However, I'm trying to figure out the smoothest way to get this all into RW and leverage the platform's tools.

My first thought was building the skeleton of the adventure in Excel and exporting a CSV to use the community created CSV import tool, but that only seems to allow a single layer of containment (I think I'm going to need at least 2 layers), and it doesn't seem to allow for adding additional names (key to building the linking since all references in the text are to the Prefix IDs). I suppose I could make a bunch of CSVs that each import into individual buckets, but if I have to go in and add alternate names after the fact anyway, it doesn't buy me much in the way of time saving.

The other idea is to use the Quick Create menu to enter all the levels and rooms as basic entries with proper Aliases and containment first, then go back through the entries to add the text. My concern with this method is the lack of stickiness in the Quick Create menu. If I could set up my Ctrl-Q menu to default to the current topic as a container, it would greatly speed this kind of entry, but alas that's not a feature that's been added yet.

I figured I would throw this to the community to see what other folks have tried on similar projects. Maybe someone has a better idea than me for this sort of thing. Any ideas or suggestions would be most appreciated.
JustinThomason is offline   #1 Reply With Quote